Playa Las Tortugas, Mexico
1. For some, their favorite "activity" will be a cup of coffee on the veranda, where they can partake of the natural beauty that abounds... followed by a day of relaxation by the pool and a good book.
2. Others may start their day with a morning walk or run on the palm lined beach. Often the only other inhabitants will be the resident pelicans.
3. Still others will prefer to be invigorated by a swim - in the pool or in the ocean ... or perhaps an extended kakak trip through 1,100 acres of mangrove lined estuary ... where the only sounds will be the boat's paddle and the songs from the great variety of birds.
4. Many youngsters get excited by the beach and by the opportunity to utilize our good stock of boogie boards. Surf board rentals are available.
5. In reality, the staples of life on this tropical beach are supplemented by a long list of adventures ... many of which are unique to Playa Las Tortugas.
People of all ages and from many walks of life enjoy working to help preserve the three species of sea turtles that call this beach their home. Volunteers are needed to patrol for fresh turtle nests from late July through December. Likewise, help is needed to help direct more than 100,000 baby turtles back to their ocean home each season. Adults and children can participate. (See our Website page about the sea turtles.)
Many guests love the experience of horseback riding on the pristine beach. A half day ride is available for only $50.
Others prefer a relaxing massage with aromatherapy from the rooftop palapa.
Manicure/Pedicure is available on-site.
OFF PROPERTY ADVENTURES:
El Bajo Reef Fishing - guests report huge success and huge catches off our coast.
El Bajo Whale Watching (late Dec - mid March)
La Tovara Jungle Cruise
Golf at Tepic, Punta Mita, Litibu (1.5 hr to 2 hr trip)
El Cora Waterfall
Lunch at the Platinitos beach front restaurants (accessible by kayak or canoe from Villa Reyes)
Touring Puerto Vallarta and the City's stylish boutiques
Thursday Morning Market at La Penita
Tequila distillery tour (w/samples)
click to enlarge
The food! My fresh red snapper is being cooked on the grill of Ruiz's beach front restaurant in Platinitos. This is one of six open air restaurants located a short canoe ride away - across the estuary pictured to the right..
"My wife and I spent the past 7 days in this magnificent place ... This was our honeymoon so being isolated from the world was perfect for us."
Mike & Jessica, Chicago, IL 11/08/09
The views! click to enlarge
The pool! click to enlarge
The ocean! click to enlarge
The veggie market! click to enlarge
click to enlarge
Native crafts @ La Penita!
Kayaking the estuary! Miles of pristine salt water estuary adjoin our property. More than 100 species of migratory birds reside here each year.